Saturday, July 19, 2014

The Late Shift

TV makes it seem so easy to juggle school, sports, a boyfriend, friends, clubs, and have free time. In reality it is anything but easy. Tonight I had to work from 3-11:30 and last night I worked 5-11:30. I work at a drug/convenience store that is open 7am-11pm. so weekends I will get either 6:45am-3:00pm or 3or5pm-11:30pm these are my least favorite. Sundays I get 10am-5pm and weeknights 5-10:30 which isn't too bad but I feel like ever since I got a job I've had less time to have for me and everything else. I have no choice though, the day I turn 18 my dad doesn't have to give my mom child support for me so I have to save up now. Plus even right now money is tight so if I want something I must get it myself. I only make minimum wage and have ways to get extra but its always like only $ 4-10 extra every 2 weeks. I come home with my feet killing me, hungry and super tired. Then I go on instagram and snapchat and see all the fun I missed out on. I am also always paranoid because of the risk working that late especially when other locations of our store have been robbed. I must be thankful though because some people cant get jobs and I've had one since the day I turned 16. Plus I have met some really cool people and lots of stuff happens that makes me laugh and gives me stories to tell. Though I do wish we could eliminate annoying old people, long painful hours, little pay, and THE ANNOYING COUPONS!!! I'd also get rid of the people who think they are special and that we should cater to everything they want even if we are busy. So I want to hear stories from you guys about your jobs. Also start sharing my blog spread the word and get me more readers. As always more to come tomorrow <3
        

No comments:

Post a Comment